THE LIVE MEET
June 2 to July 28, 2012
Racing Thursday through Sunday
Live racing Wednesday, July 4 (no racing Thursday, July 5)
General Information: 804-966-7223
Racing office: 888-482-7223
Post time: 12:55 pm Sunday, 7pm Thursday through Saturday
SPECIAL EVENTS AND START TIMES
Saturday, June 2 - Strawberry Hill Races at Colonial Downs. 12:55 pm post.
There is a different pricing/admissioon structure for this tailgate/BYOB event. Refer to details on the Colonial Downs website.
Saturday, June 16 - $500,000 Colonial Turf Cup. 6 pm post.
Wednesday, July 4th, 5 pm post.
Saturday, July 21 - $600,000 Virginia Derby. 6 pm post.
Friday, July 27 - $250,000 Commonwealth Turf Festival. 7 pm post.
Exit 214 off Interstate I64 between Richmond and Williamsburg.
• 607.46 acres
• Two infield ponds
THE GRANDSTAND SIDE
• 127,000-square-foot grandstand
• Capacity of 10,000 – ranging from benches on the apron to luxury sky suite
• Simulcast theaters – non-smoking and smoking
• 95 wagering stations
• Safe, convenient paddock with fan-friendly saddling enclosures and walking ring
• A large receiving barn with 150 stalls
• 14 permanent barns with 900 available stalls, four office/tack rooms, four feed
rooms, four wash stalls and one washer/dryer stall per barn
• Accommodations for stable help and a horse-friendly unloading ramp at the receiving barn
• 1 ¼-mile dirt track, second only to Belmont Park (NY) in length
- 1290.50-foot homestretch
- 1349.50-foot chute that accommodates one-turn 1 1/8-mile races
• Superb racing surfaces for both thoroughbred and harness racing seasons
• 25-acre, double-wide turf track with 1 1/8-mile outer course, the largest in the U.S.
• Multiseason turf mixture permitting both spring and summer racing
• 4.5-degree banking on the dirt track and 5.5-degree banking on the turf course
THE SECRETARIAT TURF COURSE
Colonial Downs is best known for the 180-foot-wide Secretariat Turf Course, the widest in the nation. With eight different rail settings, the Secretariat Turf Course allows Colonial Downs to card the majority of its races on the turf. Colonial also allows up to 14 starters per race, more than the vast majority of North American tracks. Since turf racing is limited in most of the country, Colonial provides a unique opportunity for horses of all levels to compete on the turf.
click to read full-size advertisement